Tuesday 3 February 2009

First week at fat club!

I have recently started a diet and I thought I would share my journey with the world by blogging. Not only that if I put it down in words I am more likely to stick at it and remember where i went wrong. My starting weight was 17st 6 and half lb. I am 5'9 and after having 3 kids my body is no longer what it used to be. I am a size 20 and generally a fatty. I joined slimming world on the 26th of January. At first it was slightly confusing and to be honest I couldn't really grasp what I was and wasn't meant to be eating and how much syns were and all sorts of new dieting stuff. I have never tried to diet properly before so it was all new for me. I was eager to get going and for the best part of the week I didn't eat much as I had my nose stuck in the SW book.

Monday I didn't really have a clue so I pretty much just ate what I thought would be ok. Tuesday I was a superstar and stuck to the rules and was very well behaved. Same went for Wednesday. On Wednesday afternoon I had a lovely long phone call from my group leader who set a few things straight for me and gave me a few hints and tips. Rest of Wednesday went great. Thursday I sort of broke a few rules, well I lost it again really and ended up eating a few things I shouldn't have. I did well on Friday and Saturday but Sunday U was a pig! I had a huge Sunday lunch with lots of gravy, and 2 Yorkshire puddings. I had a ice cream for pudding and then later in the day I ate a bowl of cereal. I did use sweetener though (bit of a contradiciton that, like ordering a diet coke with a KFC Bucket!)

This week I went to SW and confessed my sins before stepping on the scales and even though I had been cheating and weight guessing i had still lost 2lb. I was impressed with this but i desperately want to be slightly skinner by the end of the month. So my aim for next week is 3lb.

I have also been trying to boost my weight loss by jiggling my wobbly bits on the Wii fit. I find its better than excercising because I dont have to drag my behind out in the cold and if I look a prat its only me my hubby and the kids who laugh.

It is now Tuesday and wow have i f*cked up already! Yesterday i went over my 15 syn a day allowance by about 7-8 and today i was in town, completely forgot myself and gobbled down a sausage roll from Greggs the bakers! OMG! Never again. I checked the syn value online and WOW 28 and half syns! I am buggered for the rest of the week now! Well i have been on my best after finding that out and i have been syn free all day. I am hoping that i can leave today and yesterday behind me and carry on as i should. I am finding it so hard to say no to the crisps in the cupboard or to not take that trip to the shop for a chocolate bar.

Oh well tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah well, it happens bird, ask neal to hide the crisps etc... or not have them in the house at all! and just be super good for the next few days go syn free and make up for lost time that way! just look at it as just a few days! you'll get used to it soon. honestly i think even when ive hit my target weight i'll stick to SWorlds rules!

    ReplyDelete